South Bend 9 cross slide question

Thank you so much. I did get the "screw" which turns out to be a nut, off. It came off easily. But when I try to remove the crank it only moves a little bit and stops. I hesitate to use force. I do have the parts list and it shows the pin. I think that I should try to keep the pin from dragging across the threads, correct? Here's a pic with the screw/nut removed.
The little pin is it's only solid way of having an anti-rotation. If you think about it, you can see that the handle slides on, and is retained by the nut. It was a long time back, but from memory, I think I just held the thing by the handle suspended (over the bench), and tapped the threaded shaft with the end of an aluminum bar, and it just came apart.

Success! Thanks everyone for information and suggestions. The crank handle and dial were both the devil to get off. BUT, everything's back together and I can set the dial now. I've got a little copper disc under the locking screw but thinking I'll get a brass thumb screw for it.
Thanks again.

Back