Splash guard drawing

HoboMachinist77

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Does anyone happen to have a technical drawings of the splash guard for an grizzly g4003/g? Or enco 12x36 100-2079? I'm planning on making one with modifications. Or could I get some measurements?
g4003_pl_17_400.png

I can't help you with the measurements, though I am sure other HM members may be able to to come up with something up soon.
I am, however, much interested in what you get up to in actually making it. Do post a picture or two when you have got it together.
:)

I can't help you with the measurements, though I am sure other HM members may be able to to come up with something up soon.
I am, however, much interested in what you get up to in actually making it. Do post a picture or two when you have got it together.
:)
You bet!

Does anyone happen to have a technical drawings of the splash guard for an grizzly g4003/g? Or enco 12x36 100-2079? I'm planning on making one with modifications. Or could I get some measurements?
View attachment 426305

Do you think that may be the same size and fit as the Grizzly g9249, which is the belt drive 12x37 lathe? I have the busybee equivalent of that one and could try to get you some measurements.

It seems you are "overthinking" the situation. A piece of ~3/16 Plexiglas or Lexan, (HomeDepot or Lowes window glass repair) a hinge, and a hair dryer will make just about whatever you want. I don't use a chip shield on my lathe, I like to see what I am doing. But I have made several guards for other machines over the years. "Double strength" glass replacement is sufficient, I use scraps from a plastics supplier. The 3/16 is arbitrary. . .

It seems you are "overthinking" the situation. A piece of ~3/16 Plexiglas or Lexan, (HomeDepot or Lowes window glass repair) a hinge, and a hair dryer will make just about whatever you want. I don't use a chip shield on my lathe, I like to see what I am doing. But I have made several guards for other machines over the years. "Double strength" glass replacement is sufficient, I use scraps from a plastics supplier. The 3/16 is arbitrary. . .

I could do that. I use plexiglass at work and I find it works great for a smaller shields. Though I find it breaks easily..gets dirty and stays dirty....and chips melt their way in. Well! Not in my shop! I'm going full send. I was going to just buy one from grizzly...but they are kind of expensive when you think about it.

Try Lexan. . . Plexi is an acrylic, Lexan is a polycarbonate. It stands up in many applications where Plexi will fall down.

Back