Squeaky x axis

Mike8623

Registered
Registered
OK folks got a bridgeport series 1. 2hp mill. The x axis has developed a high pitched squeak at times under manual movement. Doesn't do it while using my servo 140. Any ideas on what I need to do?

Thought I'd test the waters here before I really get into her start taking things apart

Any ideas on what I need to do?
My boss from a past job would respond ........................." Wear earplugs " . :rolleyes: He was an ID10T . :(

Well Jim you made my day.

I carefully took my servo 140 off, cleaned it all up ad I went...took a look under my carriage and greased that lead screw. Put it all back together and it worked like a champ...no more squeaking..

I luv ya man and this site, thanks guys.

Thought I'd test the waters here before I really get into her start taking things apart

Whoops, too late.

Using a brass (or other metal) rod as a stethoscope, try to locate the squeak. Once found, it may be able to be lubricated away, or solved, or....

Last edited:
Well Jim you made my day.

I carefully took my servo 140 off, cleaned it all up ad I went...took a look under my carriage and greased that lead screw. Put it all back together and it worked like a champ...no more squeaking..

I luv ya man and this site, thanks guys.
You don't put grease on a Bridgeport feed screw. It should be oiled with way oil. Do you have a one-shot lube?

Back