STACKED---well almost

--just a note--some mite wanna ask ? what does ''ppg omni'' auto motive paint cost in mt.?? if you purchase just the paint and -the hardener and the thinner--the cost is about the same as -jack daniels- here in montana -about $1.25 an ounce. hell that's the same as the cuttin oil-rite? re steve in mt.
attachment.php
--''cutting oil--i like that.that just might be a goooood idea. thanks re steve[/QUOTE]

--''cutting oil--i like that.that just might be a goooood idea. thanks re steve
[/QUOTE] ---charlie---when you are disassem. your new bp mills here's sumpin to look at closely--enclosed are pics of two pinion gears that raise and lower the knee and thusly the table. the larger of the 2-gears is horizontal in relation to the world. there is a ''void'' and support bearing under this gear. any liquids that land on top of this gear can run under the gear and now they are lying on top of the brg. in this void and there is no way for them to exit this void. the orig design supplied a brg. with a leather shield---nothin waterproof here. soooooo the next time the top of the mill is covered with cutting oils or cooling lubricant's you now know where they could end up . just my 2-cents. re steve in mt.

DSCN1359.JPG DSCN1360.JPG

Thanks for the tip..... Now is this warning/tip just for cleaning the mess out after I've pressure washed it or is it a design flaw that needs some sort of fix?

Or is it the way oil is contained for lubing that gear set?:headscratch:

Thanks for the tip..... Now is this warning/tip just for cleaning the mess out after I've pressure washed it or is it a design flaw that needs some sort of fix?

Or is it the way oil is contained for lubing that gear set?:headscratch:
--charlie--it's just for discussion, when i reassembled the gears today i noticed that the ''void '' is present and can trap chips or liquids that run under the outer circumference of the gear. the liquids then end up lieing on top of the support brg. i guess thats the way they have always been manufactured--this bp goes back to 1969. iam not sure if there is a ''fix''--mabey someone else will chime in with suggestions or their experiences with these mills. re steve in mt.

--charlie--it's just for discussion, when i reassembled the gears today i noticed that the ''void '' is present and can trap chips or liquids that run under the outer circumference of the gear. the liquids then end up lieing on top of the support brg. i guess thats the way they have always been manufactured--this bp goes back to 1969. iam not sure if there is a ''fix''--mabey someone else will chime in with suggestions or their experiences with these mills. re steve in mt.
--my solution to keep debris from ending up in the ''knee'' area and landing on top of the bearing which supports the leadscrew which raises the knee . ''aluminim foil blanket --placed over the bearing and glued in place to deflect liquids and debris away from the brg. area. i also sealed the ''yoke'' brg. support --sooo chips cannot fall into the knee. we will see how well that works out --only time will tell. i still remember all the work that it took to clean out the knee--this mill is era--1969--boy was it dirty.--ok i will download 2- pics and tommorrow all i have to do is hook up 9--wires and turn it on--please pray--it's gonna either rattle and bang or ''rock and roll''. also can't seem to ''download'' pictures'' gotta wait until this new server thing is ironed out i guess. re steve in mt.

DSCN1373.JPG DSCN1388.JPG

Back