Stainless Steel Chisels for Treating an Addiction

bcall2043

Active User
Registered
Hello, my name is Benny and I am a tool addict. You know when you are really sick when you buy tools you have absolutely no need for.

Today I was at the scrap yard when a truck unloaded a bunch of shiny stuff. I waited until they were done and then moseyed over for a look. It was a bunch of hospital equipment. Taking a closer look I saw some beautiful stainless chisels. I started digging them out and found seven ranging from 3/8” wide through 1 ¼” wide. Another tool addict insisted that I let him have at least one so I handed him the 1 ¼” one and he was satisfied with that little “fix”. These would make a fine set for a woodworker but I already have a good set of wood chisels. So what to do? Well at least I feel better having adopted and given these beautiful tools a new home.

Photo:
Jarit 075.jpg

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Jarit 075.jpg

Nice find Benny, I think you will find that those are surgical bone chisels and not for wood. But they will work OK for that purpose.
Do they say who the manufacturer is?

Randy

Nice find Benny, I think you will find that those are surgical bone chisels and not for wood. But they will work OK for that purpose.
Do they say who the manufacturer is?

Randy

Randy,
Yes they are bone chisels and the brand is Jarit of Germany. They should make beautiful wood chisels. Maybe not as hard as the carbon steel ones but prettier.

Hmmmmm? You didn't show me those, They go with that cute little SS hammer though

Guilty,:whiteflag: they were buried in the other stuff. And besides as much as you work with wood for your grandchildren I was afraid I would not get home with them.:nono:

Your probably right about the hammer. It is going to be placed at the mill as I mentioned. It will perform the very precise hammer adjustments. And besides it is pretty too.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Last edited:
Awesome score Benny------- they should last a lifetime.

Back