Stock Duplicator

Fishbone1

Registered
Registered
Fishbone here,
Back from a long absence, both on the forum and also in my shop. I have been reading info on this forum but have not been active and have not posted for some time. Life took a big turn recently and I am now finding more time to do the things I want.
I am starting to go back to projects I have had hanging and finishing them so I can move on. One project is to make a rifle stock for a gun I got from a long time friend. It is nothing real special but a replacement stock is very hard to find and very expensive, i've seen two, over the last few years.
I was searching for information on rifle stock duplicators and found Les B's post about the one he built. I'm wondering if anyone has built that or a similar machine and what results have been experienced. There are a number of different ones out there but prices are for a manufacturer not a hobbyist, others just don't look like they would provide decent results. I have basic skills for fabbing most parts, welding , casting, milling, and most tools to get by so if anyone share experience that can help me get started on this project I would like to hear from you. Thanks!
FB

If you can fab up a duplicator , I bet with your tools and your mill you can make the stock itself . It's not rocket science , I needed a stock for my LC SMITH ideal grade shotgun. Ill admit it's not easy but in the end the hardest parts the checkering , all by hand , the inleting with a tracing on the new wood I used the mill to carve out each side for the plates and the tang and trigger insets.

Tagging in. I plan on doing a duplicator myself. I found an old machine used in the printing industry back in the 80s that I plan on using as a base for the duplicator.

Fishbone here,
Back from a long absence, both on the forum and also in my shop. I have been reading info on this forum but have not been active and have not posted for some time. Life took a big turn recently and I am now finding more time to do the things I want.
I am starting to go back to projects I have had hanging and finishing them so I can move on. One project is to make a rifle stock for a gun I got from a long time friend. It is nothing real special but a replacement stock is very hard to find and very expensive, i've seen two, over the last few years.
I was searching for information on rifle stock duplicators and found Les B's post about the one he built. I'm wondering if anyone has built that or a similar machine and what results have been experienced. There are a number of different ones out there but prices are for a manufacturer not a hobbyist, others just don't look like they would provide decent results. I have basic skills for fabbing most parts, welding , casting, milling, and most tools to get by so if anyone share experience that can help me get started on this project I would like to hear from you. Thanks!
FB
Looking for the same. last post from Les 2016.

Attachments

• gun duplicator.docx
    104.4 KB · Views: 54
Back