Stomp Shear

Pro70z28

Registered
Registered
This is a shop made tool of sorts, an accessory for a tool would be more accurate. This shear is used to cut sign substrates, anything from coroplast to .080 aluminum. Due to limited space I need to move the shear around. This thing is forklift material when it comes to moving, so I built this dolly. The wheels are urethane So they roll well enough to make it a one man job to roll it around. Step & lock pedal on the back with a pair of shocks so it doesn't slam to the ground when the release is pulled. It's been doing the job for several years now. It also serves as a tray to catch sheets as they're cut and I added stops to cut substrates that are longer than the factory stop.

DSC_0043-5.jpg

DSC_0046-7.jpg

DSC_0045-7.jpg

DSC_0041-7.jpg

DSC_0044-9.jpg

DSC_0039-16.jpg

DSC_0039-18.jpg

DSC_0050-7.jpg

Last edited:
The glory of customizing a piece of machinery is in finding a way to enjoy the benefits, without the drawbacks.
Somehow, the shear builders missed the rest of the workflow (and portability) issues around the
tool, and got a good edge-and-treadle to do the shearing part. But, yours does the rest of the job,too.

Thanks whitmore. I grew up on a farm where our favorite saying was, Necessity is the mother of invention. Got to do what you got to do sometimes.

Back