Straightening a pulley?

Click on the picture for a short video clip. The narration sez it all!

Fenner Powerlink Belts are the best! I use them at work on most belt driven machines. Especially if it takes longer than an hour to replace the old ones or if disassembly is required.
Pierre

Yeup, they really helped cut back the vibration on my lathe too. Also dittos to what Ray C said about the bouncy bouncy motor mount. Here's what I did to fix that:

Look at the back side of your motor mounting plate, there ought to be a pre-tapped hole there. You can see where I mounted a cobbled together part on the under side here:

2s7ff5k.jpg

Kinda fuzzy but mostly there...:

2w5k3cz.jpg

All mounted:

30542.jpg

From the other side, just a few turns and the belt it tight, reverse to loosen.

30545.jpg

Did a few other things about the vibration too... better pulley on the motor (vari-speed DC), cast iron pulley replaced the countershaft pulley, the whole shebang rests on a decently stout torsion box bench. Runs pretty smooth and quiet now, just took a little work getting it to... :)

I was under the impression that the motor mount (on the horizontal drive) should be locked down with the large bolt that attaches to the main bracket and through the up-rite ear that is on the motor plate near the hinge pin. There should be 4 washers and 3 nuts in this arrangement.
On the vertical drive there are 2 arms that lock the motor plate in adjustment.
Look in the 10-f parts list.

HWF

I was under the impression that the motor mount (on the horizontal drive) should be locked down with the large bolt that attaches to the main bracket and through the up-rite ear that is on the motor plate near the hinge pin. There should be 4 washers and 3 nuts in this arrangement.
On the vertical drive there are 2 arms that lock the motor plate in adjustment.
Look in the 10-f parts list.

HWF

Beats me and I think this will be a mystery forever. I tried locking the plate and the vibration imparted into workpiece was just short of "artistic". In this case, maybe those layered belts help the situation. I had good condition solid v-belts on mine.

Ray

Back