Stuck Table on My New PM 833tv

Capn Noob

Registered
Registered
I was trying to move my newly purchased PM 833tv and when I tried to remove the y axis table (due to being unable to fit it through
the hallway) it's completely stuck . Can't get it to move either left or right. I previously removed all the associated parts I could find that could be blocking it, gib nuts, included. I couldn't remove the gib shim and I'm wondering if that's causing it to be stuck. There's absolutely no detailed info that I could find online about removing the table even though the manual recommends doing so to remove and clean all the old grease. If there's anyone that has been through a similar ordeal and know a secret button to push please let me know.

Gibs are often retained by an adjustment screw. As the screw is tightened, it draws the trapezoidal gib into contact with the dovetail, reducing the clearance between the assemblies.
Inspection may reveal the screwhead , it is often a slot headed screw.
If the retention screw is loosened- the gib can be persuaded out of being stuck by tapping the table casting in the opposite direction of the retaining screw or operate the leadscrew (If the retainer screw is on the right side, bang left)
This may unseat the gib easily, depending on how stuck it is.
You may also need to disconnect the leadscrew nut to remove the assembly

I don’t have your make of mill, but they are pretty much done similarly, from what I have seen.

I was trying to move my newly purchased PM 833tv and when I tried to remove the y axis table (due to being unable to fit it through
the hallway) it's completely stuck . Can't get it to move either left or right. I previously removed all the associated parts I could find that could be blocking it, gib nuts, included. I couldn't remove the gib shim and I'm wondering if that's causing it to be stuck. There's absolutely no detailed info that I could find online about removing the table even though the manual recommends doing so to remove and clean all the old grease. If there's anyone that has been through a similar ordeal and know a secret button to push please let me know.
Yep, I would say that would cause the table not to move. Once you removed the adjusting screws, you probably tried to move the table and kind of jamed the gib in place.

I don't have that machine, but my guess is that the gib comes out on the right hand side as you are looking at the machine. So, if you have both adjusting screws removed, with a punch tap on the gib itself as you are trying to move the table left to right. You can tell if that's the right direction by looking at the ends of the gibs. One end will be small/thin and the other end will be thick. That at least should free up the table, you will still need to remove the X access lead screw.

Tim

If the gib is stuck, but you can get the gib retaining screw in on the left side, you can Jack the gib out to the right, and remove the gib completely. Make sure to remove the right side gib adjusting screw to slide the gib out to the right once loosened. Then remove the left side screw to ensure it isn’t damaged during removal.

Back