Summer Truck tire that is good in rain any suggestions?

What sort of truck? Half ton? One ton? Peterbilt? Is it a "truck", or is it the family car that carries a trailer sometimes? All that makes a difference.

That said.... Assuming a half ton, and mixed use, I'd put in a strong vote for the Michelin Defender LTX. Good wear, good all around, including wet roads, fairly quiet, after they're "broken in", (sharp edges off of the treads), they roll pretty freely, and assuming you've got 30 percent or so left of the tread (come on, be honest..... Get the tire sticker out, they ALL look good until the wires come out....), they'll actually do OKish if you've got to cheat through the first snow because there was a unexpected line at the tire store on Friday afternoon before the first snow of the season...

You asked specifically about wet roads, and I said these are good. And they are. If you want spectacular on wet roads, you're into specialized tires, directionals. And you will compromise a good bit on tread life. I drive on these tires into any weather with no worries or cares, but I do not expect to try to keep up with the Audis and the SUVs that want to do 85 miles an hour down the passing lane in poor conditions.

You mentioned specifically that they be cost effective. These are cost effective in the life of a tire. Up front, while you could spend a lot more if you wanted, these are not "cheap" to own up front. I consider them entry level into the quality category. That's the place to be in any category, be it discount, premium, or anywhere in between. And the price/value, while I believe it's always good, the price sometimes varies arbitrarily, so how long you have to wait for the value to come together might be affected by that.

Since I got my tire machine and balancer I've been getting pretty much all my tires from Facebook MP. Averaging around $200 a set. all in very good to new condition, with some mounted on nice rimes. Picked up a nice set of 275/60/18's brand new for a $100. Some rich guy on the mountain just wanted them out of the garage. looked on line and they were $1400. May never buy another new set of tires. Mike

BF Goodrich KOs are supposedly very good also . If and when I need to switch my tires , I'll take out a second mortgage . $2300 for the 35" my truck takes . 03 F-250 6.0 diesel .

Where are you in Wyoming ?

Hey, I have a '03 (F350) Superduty. Original owner, it is a beast of a truck. Although it's a 4x4 I just keep mild tires on it.

Hey, I have a '03 (F350) Superduty. Original owner, it is a beast of a truck
6.0 or 7.4 ? The 6.0 has been bullet proofed and all things deleted . It'll roll down the road pretty good but as I said , it's loud . On a good day , 10 mpg with the tune I run .

Back