Super spacer chuck truing

John_Dennis

Active User
Registered
I have an 8 inch Yuasa super spacer with a 3 jaw chuck. The chuck has 3 centering set screws but there is no clearance to make adjustments. I am tempted to clamp the chuck to the table and use my boring bar to enlarge the chuck slightly to allow for adjustment. Is this a good idea or is there a better way?

Chuck is "well used " and will likely need adjustment for most jobs.

thanks
JD

I have done that for 2 chucks been working for a while, BUT I AM JUST a hobbiest

Does the chuck run true with the indexer as it is or is it out because of the worn jaws ? Asking because soft jaws are another way . The super spacers are usually limited as far as throwing them off center . Once dialed in , they're pretty accurate for most applications .

Does the chuck run true with the indexer as it is or is it out because of the worn jaws ? Asking because soft jaws are another way . The super spacers are usually limited as far as throwing them off center . Once dialed in , they're pretty accurate for most applications .
I have hard jaws on it, they don't seem worn, the chuck has seen production use.

Chuck backplate is hard, I will have to find a better cutter for my boring bar.

Back