super tryke

davidh

Active User
Registered
i had to share this. it belongs to a friend of mine, it very obvious he is a cat. person. this is a 3208, twin turbo diesel, room for 2 passengers and goes like hell. . . . i thought some of you would appricate all the aluminum. it weighs less than a 3/4 ton truck, the rear is a narrowed and modified hood from semi tractor. . . . it has an air starter, and hand grip throttle, and a allison 8 speed automatic and power steering. my my.
great side shot.jpg019 (800x600) (800x600).jpg

great side shot.jpg 019 (800x600) (800x600).jpg

That is bad ass. It would freak someone out though coming up behind it wondering if a semi was coming at ya going the wrong way.:rofl:

Mike.

Man that is WICKED!
You know that guy??

Bernie

i do, bernie. he LOVES high HP and TORQUE. i may have forgot to mention that the tryke has air ride rear.
he has a blown chev, modified to the hilt, in a 18 ft. jet drive boat, still owes me a ride, and a 1200 hp blown hemi all computerized and dyno'd in a 48 chrysler business coupe.
now working on a 53-54 kenworth cab on a stretched out front custom frame, with air ride and one of the biggest cat engines i have ever seen hooked to a 13 speed. . . full truck front and rear sus*****on but all air ride. that about blew my mind when i walked into his garage. i have pix of that too that i should post.
we were suppose to go to the wednesday night local car run / show tonite but it was like 55 F and rain expected. we're about 50 miles for where it was this week. next week it will be closer and weather permitting. . . . . maybe. some one took a video of the tryke as he was haulin ss sdown the hyway a while back, he gave it a bunch of throttle and it just went smokin out of sight, soot rolling out the stacks.....:) just mind numbing. . .

I’ve seen him a time or two trying it out on our back roads.
Friend of mine did the front brakes here in his machine shop

Not to poo poo on his parade because that thing is awesome. It seems it would be like driving with a drag chute. That hood scoops up all the air and where does it go?

Not to poo poo on his parade because that thing is awesome. It seems it would be like driving with a drag chute. That hood scoops up all the air and where does it go?

excellent observation. i never thought of that. i do not have the answer except there are side windows. possibly its routed behind the seat, and rearward thru the radiator .

"Real" men would have a kick start… with an 8 ft lever!

:roflmao:

Nice job, anyway!
A badass thing like that on the driveway will keep burglars at large!

this is a 3208, twin turbo diesel,

I have to say I've yet to see a more sensible application for one of those! :lmao:

Stay with me on this one folks, the best use for old machinery of any kind is to be taken into the care of someone who will invent a new life for it and show it off!

Bernard

Back