SWAPPING PARTS 10F - To swap or not to swap?

Harry ,
The dog gear for the forward / reverse lever is the same for my 42 inch Sphere .... including the part numbers .. I've just paid the extortionate total sum of £72 to buy one in the USA for USD $ 30 almost th same for shipping & insurance to get it shipped over and had to pay customs of £7 & the post office fee of £7.24 to get it in my hand .
To add insult to injury the part was a used item full of gunge , a new OEM one would have been $ 38 .

The reason I bust the dog was because my slightly oily fingers slipped off the smooth shiny Bakelite disengagement knob . I'm replacing it with a sort of knurling on a brass knob to hopefully prevent the same sort of problem happening again

Harry ,
The dog gear for the forward / reverse lever is the same .... including the part numbers .. I've just paid the extortionate total sum of £72 to buy one in the USA for USD $ 30 almost th same for shipping & insurance to get it shipped over and had to pay customs of £7 & the post office fee of £7.24 to get it in my hand .
To add insult to injury the part was a used item full of gunge , a new OEM one would have been $ 38 .
That's a pain . . . well if you need anything else, give me a shout. I am scrapping one of the ones I have in the not too distant, and I will clean up all the bits and flog the lot.

Back