T. Eaton Logan

The lathe looks to be in nice little used and well cared for condition. Oh for the days when a tool shop was part of a major department store. I only barely saw the end of those times in the 60's. I have the feeling that if T. Eaton was still around that the tool section in the Eaton Centre store would be very small.
MIchael

" i have also been working on a tailstock fixture that will allow me to turn tapers without having to offset the tailstock itself."

I have been working on a ball turning fixture so I can make centers to turn tapers with my tailstock offset. I hadn't considered the need until I tried to shave the lower leg of a bike. I set the piece up on centers with the tailstock offset and realized that I would have to use something other than a 60 degree center to keep it from binding. I would be interested in the fixture you're making.

Chuck
i will take a couple pictures and post them for you. it is nothing fancy. lol.

Hello Chuck, here are a couple pictures of my tail stock slide taper isn't attached yet but will be mt2 to fit the quill on my machine.

DSC_0461.jpgDSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg DSC_0462.jpg

You might consider using a big ball bearing (steel ball) in place of the tradiona. Pointed centers. Handles high angles better

You might consider using a big ball bearing (steel ball) in place of the tradiona. Pointed centers. Handles high angles better
Thanks for the input I will give that a try as well.

Do you have a way to make the fixture sit level with the bedways?

Chuck

Do you have a way to make the fixture sit level with the bedways?

Chuck
been thinking about that already myself. thinking i am going to have to machine a pin through the taper and quill to hold the piece or a keyway machined into the taper and quill. havent decided which would hold the piece the solidest yet.

Back