Clausing Lathe Taper Attachment #03.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Clausing Lathe Taper Attachment #04.jpg
    Clausing Lathe Taper Attachment #04.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Clausing Lathe Taper Attachment #05.jpg
    Clausing Lathe Taper Attachment #05.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 10
The photos above are of an Atlas 6822. Whether it could be adapted to a 100-3 or not, I have no idea.

Ive had my eyes out forthe oem taper attachment (TA) made specifically for the pre atlas clausing mk3 model lathe for almost 2 years and I have yet to see a Confirmed factory oem TA setup in its complete form! I have been told they do exist only they seem to be as common as a truthful politician which Im also told also exist but then again that could just be fake news! Lol and good luck on the hunt.

If the one posted above by WELL0058 could be easily made to fit and work correctly then reproducing one would be very easily made and probably the best route for adding one to your toolbox.

I've been looking / watching for maybe 20 years. I'm also told they were produced, but no-one I know has seen one.

The unit in #11 seems incredibly flimsy to me......personally,I set no value in them,and left the one for my lathe sitting on the floor in the previous owners workshop......However ,in general there seem to be two types......one type pulls the feed screw across,so needs a telescoping arrangement of the handwheel....the other type is called" Plain Type",and has a short topslide which connects to the crosshead that runs on the taper slide............Have a look at the Le Blond Regal book......both sorts are pictured......in my case ,the feed screw had been cut off ,so I didnt bother with the unit......its a lot of weight hanging off the saddle .

Back