Taper Attachment bed clamp, casting availability

miklud

Registered
Registered
I sent my taper attachment bed clamp to a foundry called; Martin Model Mr. Martin will start casting taper attachment bed clamps as soon as he has ten buyers. He needs ten buyers with a deposit of $55 to cover some of his initial setup costs.

Below is a copy and paste from his post on The Practical Machinist forum.
The thread link

Quote from Mr. Martin
Gary from Martin Model & Pattern here.

I would like to have a deposit of $55 from everyone that wants one of these castings. It will be fully annealed and ready for your machining to fit your particular Monarch 10 EE. As soon I have at least 10 people to send the funds I will proceed. I am hoping this will cover all the costs. I may need a little more to cover shipping depending on the foundry and heat treat costs. They raw materials in the foundries has gone up about 30% the past year as well as increases in electricity, etc so it is very difficult to predict. Please let me know if I have missed any important details or if there are any further questions.

Send a check or money order to Martin Model, PO Box 1342, Scappoose Oregon 97056.
PayPal to martinmodel@comcast.net.
There are fees taken out for using PayPal, so to keep costs down I prefer the old-fashioned way.

If you would read the whole Thread on P.M.
The square dial Monarch 10ee and the round dial 10ee bed clamps differ by .310 in length. Thats about 5/16 in length. I modified the bed clamp that I sent to Mr Martin by extending the boss out on the end so the casting can be used on the square dial or round dial 10ee. See the modification on the end in the photo where the bar slot is located on the end is now long enough to cut the slot for either version 10ee. You will understand more by reading the P.M. thread. https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...ility-martin-model.404737/page-2#post-3975526
Ignore the red lines in the drawing

Attachments

• bed_clamp drawing.jpg
    bed_clamp drawing.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220905_073330.jpg
    20220905_073330.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Ah, neat! I've met Gary in person, he's a really great guy. You can trust him to get you castings.

These castings are still available, although the price is $75. Gary is a good friend who I visit whenever I am back in the Portland, OR area. A little over a year ago (Jan. 2023), I drew up machining drawings for him to include with the castings. Dimensioned drawings for both the square and round dial brackets, as well as the clamp plate and hardware. Shown here is just the initial page of the drawing set, showing the raw casting and machined areas.

Contact Gary at the email address in miklud's post above for details, etc. I have no financial interest in this. I have a 10EE but my bracket is fine.

Rick

Attachments

• Bracket Casting Drawing 12-08-22.jpg
    Bracket Casting Drawing 12-08-22.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 4
Back