Temu: the Good, th Bad, and the Ugly?

I bought from Temu a few times in the past (they were usually cheap stuff that even if got lost or damaged I wouldn't get too worried) but they recently raised their minimum purchase and once that happened I stopped buying from them, I get better prices and faster service from AliExpress. .

Temu has odd descriptions, and uneven quality, but that's because they
accept a conglomerate of minor merchants' offerings into the catalog.
As far as delivery and payment, the shell company that handles the orders
has always been professional.

Like eBay, though, the descriptions and pictures bear careful attention,
and translation errors are rife.

Tungsten carbide is sometimes called 'tungsten steel', for example,
and TiN coating called titanium. Don't buy anything that's too good
to be true, of course.

When my wife’s order is late (10 days maybe) she gets $5 coupon.

Thanks to all for the comments. I believe that discretion dictates that I steer clear until the site matures, at least.

I have purchased from them about a 1/2 dozen times with no problems. Use PayPal for payment, like other have said if it sounds to cheap then what you receive is probably not what you are anticipating getting. Over all have no complaints, take about 2-3 weeks to get the item , $5.00 coupon if later than stated. I mostly have purchased cheap toys and STEM projects for my grandkids , STEM are die cut wood science related kits . The quality of the $3.00 -$8.00 kits have been spot on. I recently purchased 4 pcs of 20/20 extrusion 19 inches long for around $20.00. After 6 week got and email from Temu that they must be lost in the mail and got a refund and was told to keep them if the arrive. 3 days after email they arrived (Free-Yahoo). I purchased some micrometer heads for around $5.00 each and were impressed with the quality. Don't know what I will do with them ,but like most of us , can't walk out of a Flea Market without buying something we don't need or already have

Attachments

• 13 DOLLAR THERMAL PRINTER USB CHARGE WIRELESS (1).jpg
    13 DOLLAR THERMAL PRINTER USB CHARGE WIRELESS (1).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 13 DOLLAR THERMAL PRINTER USB CHARGE WIRELESS (6).jpg
    13 DOLLAR THERMAL PRINTER USB CHARGE WIRELESS (6).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 3
  • SQUARE INDEX 5 DEG.jpg
    SQUARE INDEX 5 DEG.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Temu-good at 12V 4.00 (1).jpg
    Temu-good at 12V 4.00 (1).jpg