Test of posting a pic

LynnEdwards

Registered
Registered
This is a test...

100 Remachining the X Axis Read Head Mount Block.jpg
050 Z Axis Read Head Getting Aligned plus Mighty Mag.jpg

Let's see if this works. I'm new, and restricted to not posting links for three posts, but does attaching pic's constitute a link?

Lynn Edwards

Not sure , but your pics came thru . :encourage:

Hi Lynn
Your pictures are just fine. Two ways are possible. Adding the thumbnail instead of the full size, most times, is OK
Interesting about the Mighty Mag as a way of mounting the read scale. I have yet to get to adding the DRO scales to my mill drill. All is still in transport crate/boxes. We have had threads here about getting these attached, especially such they avoid limiting Y-Axis motor drive travel.

I would never consider double-sided sticky anything to secure instrumentation to a machine anyway, but magnets is interesting. In your case, was it the magnet sticks to the machine, and also gets a grab on the end of the scale housing?

Not sure , but your pics came thru . :encourage:
Thanks for the verification.

I have two things I want to post at this site. First, I took pictures of my DRO installation on my personal Grizzly G9729 lathe mill combo to document the process. It was tougher than my previous two DRO installations at work. I want to highlight the process I went through, and prevent others from running into the same obstacles.

Second, I am totally baffled about about how magnetic DROs work. It seems pretty straight (I'm an e) forward until I get into the details. It has me completely baffled. Let me collect my thoughts and I will post the query on this. I may need to take (and post) some more pictures
Hi Lynn
Your pictures are just fine. Two ways are possible. Adding the thumbnail instead of the full size, most times, is OK
Interesting about the Mighty Mag as a way of mounting the read scale. I have yet to get to adding the DRO scales to my mill drill. All is still in transport crate/boxes. We have had threads here about getting these attached, especially such they avoid limiting Y-Axis motor drive travel.

I would never consider double-sided sticky anything to secure instrumentation to a machine anyway, but magnets is interesting. In your case, was it the magnet sticks to the machine, and also gets a grab on the end of the scale housing?
Hi Graham-xrf,

The pic's were part of me documenting the DRO installation on my Grizzly lathe/mill combo. I was following the guideline videos on DroPros.com where they temporarily mount the scales in place where sizing things up. With the double sided tape (or magnets) it is easy to move things around to get the positioning right. Then I drilled and tapped real mounting holes. The pics were two of many - I will post the entire set (with more descriptions) in the Asian machines forum soon.

Lynn
Hi Lynn

Hi Graham-xrf,

The pic's were part of me documenting the DRO installation on my Grizzly lathe/mill combo. I was following the guideline videos on DroPros.com where they temporarily mount the scales in place where sizing things up. With the double sided tape (or magnets) it is easy to move things around to get the positioning right. Then I drilled and tapped real mounting holes. The pics were two of many - I will post the entire set (with more descriptions) in the Asian machines forum soon.

Lynn
This is a test...

View attachment 349736
View attachment 349737

Let's see if this works. I'm new, and restricted to not posting links for three posts, but does attaching pic's constitute a link?

Lynn Edwards
Now to post a thumbnail and see how that works...
090 Problem! Read Head Mount Hole Collision.jpg

Back