Thank you

brav65

Active User
Registered
Well as I sit and reflect on this last year in preparation for the new year I wanted to thank all the members of this forum as well as the moderators for all of their contributions. I am an expert in my field of construction. I have spent the past 30 years of my life honing all the skills necessary to excel in my chosen field. When I decided to embark on the new adventure of metal working I stumbled on this forum and was immediately welcomed. There was nothing required to enter this community. As I have read, posted and learned I have been amazed at the generosity of the membership. My hat is off to each and evry one of you! Please keep up what you are doing and I am proud to say I am a member of this community.

An early Happy New year to all!

You are very welcome, and your words are a big part of what makes this all worth it. Those of us here in the trade feel that the skills we have are slowly disappearing, and it is our responsibility, duty, and pleasure to share what we know with those who want to learn. It gives satisfaction, and we too thank you and all those who have a share in the interest of metalwork.

I am on multiple machine facebook and forum groups. Commercial type. IMO after a couple years of watching.... There are at least 10 to 1 craftsmen on here then in just about any commercial shop around. At home we specialize in antiquated technology and techniques. That is to say we do it all by hand. Shapers and hand files and wood patterns.

In commercial shops they seem to be long on "machinist" and short on actual skills. As a student and a man who greatly admires real machinist, it saddens me a bit to see skill sets cut down to one machinist who sets up 20 button pushers who think their machinist.

If your looking for skills and ideas that dont rely on 100k machines and cam, this is where it's at.

Thank you for participating brother,

Back