the lathe I bought

rennie

Active User
Registered
238.JPG240.JPG241.JPG

This is the 10" Atlas lathe that I bought at an auction for $400.00 It needs a little work on the motor mount and an new motor pully. These pictrues are after a little cleaning. I could not find any serial number and the only number I found we 10A-2B on the bed frame. Any one know where there would be a serial number??????

Rennie

238.JPG 240.JPG 241.JPG

Hello Rennie,

Those are good solid lathes as long as they haven't been abused (too much!) With the guick change gear box you are set to do almost anything one could wish with a lathe.

You might check on the right end of the ways - they usually had a tag attached at that point - on the vertical side.

Make sure you check out Clausing for spare parts - they still carry NOS for these and most of the time they are a fraction of the prices people pay on evilBay. Here's an older price list from Clausing with contact numbers - View attachment Clausing Parts Price List 618.pdf

The parts numbers on their list coincide with the parts in the owner's manuals. If you don't have one let me know and I can probably dig one up for you.

lathe

I worked as a machinest for the US Airforce at Kelly AFB and then went into engineering where I retired some 20 yrs ago. I did a little gunsmithing on some old single shot .22's and had a lot of fun. I will probably do a little of that.

Thanks for the help, I will check it out and thanks for the parts list.

Rennie

The tag was usually rivetted in place, also you may find the serial number stamped in the ways. Either on the ends of the ways or on the top surface. As stated Clausings is the place to get parts. Sears sells as well but at twice the price.

Back