The machines have arrived!

Did you win the lotto?
Might as well!
If you have an actual rotary phase converter, you may be able to use more than one machine at a time. As you turn on the machine, that will give you more power to start the next bigger motor, if you have enough power in the breaker box and supply wires to run all the motors at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it’s a 30 amp no hp listed, really small so it can only power one machine before blowing a fuse, I will try to make a bigger one since my uncle has 10-50 hp three phase motors he’s been trying to give me to make a phase converter. He’s got a 10hp rotary that can power his Bridgeport, air compressor, lathe and bandsaws all at once.

IMG_5987.jpeg
Air pump is installed, had to take it apart and clean it along with the whole cabinet but it should work great.

View attachment 462969View attachment 462970View attachment 462971View attachment 462972View attachment 462973View attachment 462974View attachment 462975Got them all as a package deal from the hobby shop of an antique reproduction shop near me. Have tons of tooling for the pantograph and lathe, a bit for the mill and the bandsaw. Here’s the list
13”x72” south bend serial no. 3900FKX17
Super max Bridgeport clone with x power feed and an enco xy DRO
18” do all with a fence, feeder, air pump and a blade welder
Gorton 3U pantograph with type and assorted patterns including the “axle nut cover” for a Rolls Royce silver ghost
238 lb anvil made in 1928 with perfect edges
A massive buffer and 60+ buffing wheels and sticks
Just have to wait for the rotary phase converter to be wired in but with that it can only power the bandsaw, lathe or mill, not two at a time. I will move the tooling in tomorrow and more pictures to come.
Beautiful....

Don't know what you paid but that is a really nice collection of tools! Pretty much a turnkey home/hobby shop all in one stop there.

Back