The question is - How dumb are you?

savarin

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've been using these calipers for a couple of years now and have only today realised there was this helpful little chart on the back.:oops2:Doh!
calipers.jpg

Never seen one with metric and Whitworth! But then, unless you work on British cars, you almost never run across Whitworth here in the US.
I do recall seeing decimal equivalents on micrometer bodies. Yours must be a metric caliper ... the drill sizes for Whitworth (nominal inch sizes) are given in millimeters. Between metric, the US standards, Whitworth, and BA, things can really get interesting. I hope I'm not getting too political for the forum when I say:
Shutdown.jpg

Final thought ... As far as dumb is concerned, at least your overlooking the table was non-destructive. If you want to have a look at some real wild stories, check out ALL ABOUT GOOFS & BLUNDERS YOU SHOULD AVOID!

I know the feeling- I've discovered things recently that I should have years ago- now I can't remember what they are.. senior moment!
:big grin:

Spent a while on the net looking for the gear ratios to cut a specific thread pitch the other day.

Then saw that someone put a nice sticker with all the info on the gear cover.

Back