Theoretically thinking .

Happy early birthday, Dave! Mine is exactly 10 days after yours! Surprisingly you are the 1st person I have ever met that has a birthday in April. I did meet a girl named April once, unfortunately that was just about the end of that story. :D

I'm hooking up the stump grinder onto the Kubota when I get off work in the morning and hanging a shingle out back on the main road . Hoping to pick up a few side jobs where the equipment does the work and NOT ME ! Aiming for a goal of $500 a month to support the effort . I know enough people in the area that I see this as no problem . :)

I'm " sheening " a part tonight , nothing special other than a safety item . I made the other one last Saturday night , maybe Aukai can post a pic later on tonight . :big grin: Not covering the floor tonight so it'll be a long , slow 12 hours .

I did not get pinged for a picture? Happy birthday squirt.....Knowledgeable but still a squirt. :grin:

LOL , Thanks Mike . :grin: I just got done mounting the piece back onto the line . Pic coming . :)

Here it is...

WTH ? You got one too ? :grin: Can't see the the clearance and angled fingers in the pic , but someone got there finger smashed in the bar . I " sheened " them out on a safety work order . ( I love how our managers and operators call machining sheening . :rolleyes:

I guess most of the members here will not have a problem when they retire because they already have a hobby. In my experience the people who struggle when they retire are the ones who don't have a hobby.

I know that without a hobby or two I'd go round the bend very quickly.
Never have more truer words been spoken.
I retired at 62 (I wanted it to be at 60 but the greedy sociopaths in the world banking system stuffed that) along with 3 others all younger than me.
I tried desperately to get them to think about hobbies to get involved in else they would end up squatting in an arm chair staring blankly at the tv.
One of them reckoned he would be fine going fishing everyday, no other hobbies. He lasted 6 weeks and had to find another job (security guard) That lasted 6 months then he drank himself to the grave, sad but I could see it coming.
The other two went back to very low paid jobs because they were bored and hate every minute of it so are drinking more and more and now look way older than myself.
Hobbies that you really enjoy are the answer (note - its plural) and learning new things to keep the brain active is very important.
But as Bob stated those of us on this board wont have that problem.
Stay healthy everyone.

Back