Tightening The Spindle Bearings On A Rf31

CannonFodder

Active User
Registered
Hello all,
I'm going to tighten the spindle bearings on my mill, but I have never done this kind of thing before. I can't believe the ol' YouTube let me down on some detailed instruction. Anyone have a resource for me to shine a light on this process?

Any help is appreciated,

CannonFodder (Robert)

Do a search on this forum for replacing bearings on an RF30/31. The author of the thread includes photos and instruction. it my help you.

The manual I have for a Jet -15-18 shows the Spindle bearings as Tapered Roller Bearings.
These usually are tightened down snug then backed of 1/8th turn. Not normally preloaded.

Seems I gave you the information on the quill bearing replacement on another post. Didn't realize it. I'll take it to mean the info' you needed was not included. Yendors comment above seems to be going in the right direction though.

Seems I gave you the information on the quill bearing replacement on another post. Didn't realize it. I'll take it to mean the info' you needed was not included. Yendors comment above seems to be going in the right direction though.

Yes, I found it! It was under "Round Column Mill Drill Spindle Quill Removal Procedure". That is exactly what I need, thanks again.

CannonFodder (Robert)

Back