Timeline

Daffy

Registered
Registered
I realize we are in a whole new game today due to many factors. What has been the norm timeline from ordering to receiving equipment in the past?

Gotta do something while I wait.. been 2 months, tooling is cleaned/ oiled/ organized. Spot for the mill is ready to receive it. Ice is off the driveway, today as a matter of fact..

Guess I can recycle some brass while it's still cool out.

I would say that the, like Christmas, the anticipation is the most fun part. It,s not, using the machines is much more fun.

Richard

My order is for a lathe but here goes: the order was placed the end of Oct. per my conversation with PM and their web site ETA was the week of Christmas, then it became the week after, then 01/10/2021. The ship docked on 01/13, container went thru customs and then sat at the rail yard for 2 weeks before moving. As of last Friday my machine was in the warehouse being fitted with the extras and should ship this week from what I understand. I understand it's not their fault but I'm ready on my end, wiring is done, control panel is here. Patience is NOT my strong suit.

My lathe was shipped from California in 2/15/2021. It was supposed to arrive yesterday, 2/22/2021. It spent a number of days in California. Then it had a stop outside of Vegas. Then two days in Albuquerque. Now it is in Wichita, waiting to depart. Uggggghhhh. I was thinking it would be here by the weekend, but no longer counting on it.

Ordered a lathe around the end of January, was quoted approx. end of March / early April. So I'm just waiting patiently.
My mill took about a month to receive.

I ordered my lathe on Nov. 16, 2020. I knew it was on back order so my expectations were not high. It shipped out of Corapolis, PA to arrive here in CA end of January and then got snowed in when it passed through Chicago. Stayed there for a week. Finally found its way to my shop Feb. 8. In the meantime I prepared the spot for it, ran the electrical circuits and followed the advice I got from others on this forum who told me to be patient; it will be worth it. It was worth it.
Delays are inevitable in any type of shipment throughout the world today. In addition to the typical things that delay shipments, like production demand fluctuations and weather, the influence of this Covid thing and governmental restrictions affecting the availability of manpower (which changes with the whim and fancy of those who control people's movement) are very real. For anything that is not on the shelf when I order it, I have come to expect (and plan on) three to four months.

Back