Todays Round 2-it

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Still need to make the clamp nut and screw but its gona have to wait until Monday. Been wanting to make one of these forever. Beats the plastic one I bought from E-Bay.

Attachments

• IMG_2532.JPG
    IMG_2532.JPG
    474.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2533.JPG
    IMG_2533.JPG
    418.4 KB · Views: 38
Looks Good! I would think about moving the stem mounting hole outwards a little to enable canting the face upward at a little to make it easier to read. Thanks for sharing.

Looks Good! I would think about moving the stem mounting hole outwards a little to enable canting the face upward at a little to make it easier to read. Thanks for sharing.
I agree the hole could come outward some. I can rotate the dial face the way it is with no problem, but the hole is so close to the clamp bolt that I may just use a long-socket head cap screw and an Allen wrench when I need to move it. This is one of those live and learn projects. I almost drilled the hole further from the bed but confidence got in the way. I have one that was 3 d printed that is now on my 5913 Clausing. I used my Eye-crometer to measure and well you can see the result of using Eye-crometers and Guesometers. Thanks for stopping by and the kind comment.

Still need to make the clamp nut and screw but its gona have to wait until Monday. Been wanting to make one of these forever. Beats the plastic one I bought from E-Bay.
I have a similar setup for the lathe with a 1" Mitutoyo digital indicator and a Mighty-Mag magnet. I like the magnet mount as when you run the carriage into it it just simply slides out of the way without damaging the indicator. Its long and gets used on the tailstock side so no concern of trapping it between the carriage and the head.

I scrounged the indicator off of an old inspection fixture and a second one with only .500 travel that just needs a lug backplate to make it usable.

Its amazing the expensive tooling we scrap out on a regular basis.

Very interesting concept, I would love to see a picture of it. I understand the wastefulness of Corporate America. I would love to have some of the tools and parts we threw away. I was in Mexico when the plant auctioned off everything after closing it. I was sick when I got home and found out the employees were allowed to bid on everything.

Back