Toolmex Rotary Table, Poland, Warka ID?

G-ManBart

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I picked up a 10" rotary table at auction but can't find any info on the brand. I recognize Toolmex and know that they import a lot of tools from Poland, but this one I'm drawing a blank as to the manufacturer. It was covered in sawdust and looked ragged in pictures, but I was able to see it in person before bidding and knew it was okay. It's got some surface rust that needs to be removed, but turns extremely smoothly so I'm pretty happy overall. Anyone familiar with the brand? It was super cheap so you won't hurt my feelings.

IMG_3535.PNG

IMG_3534.JPG

Nice table :)

I collect lots of old Polish tools, but I haven't came across this brand (WARKA). It is a very popular name in Poland, there are a lot of companies using it. There is even a beer brand called that.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be much help about the company. I found another table similar to yours (12in instead of 10in) on a local ads site. There is no description other than condition and price, plus photos attached below. The guy listed it for 2k PLN ($450) with a note the price can be negotiated so he will probably take a bit less.

The only other mention I found about that company in relation to machine tools is a guy on a polish forum with a milling machine made by the brand. The milling machine type is WARKA FRN25A2. I looked for a manual for the machine as manufacturer details woukd be there, but I found nothing.

The fact I found so little about the brand in Polish may suggest it was a "straight to export" brand. This "Poland no X" written on the side, and inch dimensions. Back in the old system there were many products made for export. Usually brands like Bison Bial and others just made versions of their domestic products for the export market(in inches). This is the first time I see a Polish brand I can't find any domestic products for.

I looked at rotary tables made by other Polish makes, but this one doesn't strike me as similar to any (casting resembles Chinese brands, but the handle is much better on this one). So that's all I can find.

Screenshot_20230221-094149_OLXpl.jpgScreenshot_20230221-094153_OLXpl.jpgScreenshot_20230221-094157_OLXpl.jpgScreenshot_20230221-094201_OLXpl.jpgScreenshot_20230221-094209_OLXpl.jpg

Here is the milling machine. It's overall shape is very different than typical Polish mills.it reminds me of a Taiwanese manufacturer. Another connection to the far east perhaps? Maybe they had their castings made there?

Back in the old system (North) Korean lathes were quite popular, but I never encountered any Chinese tools.
Screenshot_1676971197803.jpg

Most of the Polish Stuff is of good quality, Bison Chucks are made in Poland. The gears for the Camshaft on the old Cummins engines were made in Poland. I am talking the old "NT' Etc.

Nice table :)

So that's all I can find.

Thank you! You found a lot more than I did and I probably spent a couple of hours over the past week or so. It's extremely smooth and seems to be made well so I'm very happy with it. The previous owner had a lot of older, quality imported tools/tooling including other Polish products (like a Bison lathe chuck) so it makes sense.

I've been looking at the inexpensive imported rotary tables, but hoping to find a deal on something like this so I wound up with a better table and paid a lot less....win-win!

I operated a Polish Andrychow Tug40 lathe for 20 or so years, & our other lathe, an old WW2 Lodge&Shipley had a Bison chuck on it. Both were of very high quality IMO.
& Toolmex were very good folks to deal with on the odd occasion when the Tug needed anything.
I suspect your RT to be of similar quality, good find.

Back