TouchDRO app won't start

chainds

Registered
Registered
I just updated my TouchDRO app to the latest version 3.23.12, Build 2023-12-04. I am using a Galaxy Tab A7 that also just updated the android software to version 12. Now the TouchDRO app won't start. It tries, but just goes away after a couple of hundred milliseconds. After trying to restart it a few times, android throws an error telling me that TouchDRO keeps stopping. Not the most the most useful information. Multiple power cycles have not helped. This is the only android device I have ever owned, so I am pretty clueless about where to start. Any help to direct me toward a solution would be ever so appreciated.

I am now seeing the warnings about Samsung tablets and version 12 of android. I have been using this tablet since I first installed TouchDRO. hardware on my mill a couple of years ago. I have witnessed the display freezing that others have observed, up the frequency and duration of the freezing didn't cause any issues for me. Is the warning not to use the Samsung tables and the app not starting related?

I am now seeing the warnings about Samsung tablets and version 12 of android. I have been using this tablet since I first installed TouchDRO. hardware on my mill a couple of years ago. I have witnessed the display freezing that others have observed, up the frequency and duration of the freezing didn't cause any issues for me. Is the warning not to use the Samsung tables and the app not starting related?
Do you know what version you had before this update?
What you are describing sounds like there is something breaking during the upgrade process. So far it looks like that build rolled out to around 20% of the users, but I don't see any crash reports in the last 5 days (and the crash report before that was from the September build).
It's probably some edge case related to the state of the data. Can you please check that you are connected to the internet? This way I will at least get an error to investigate.

Thank you
Yuriy

Yuriy,
I probably should have tried reinstalling before asking for help. That fixed the issue. I completely uninstalled the previous app, so it looks like I have a recalibration in my future, but there are worse fates than that. I guess I don't know what you mean by ensuring I am connected to the internet. I thought I had to be to connect the google play store. Anyway, I want to thank you for your vigilant support. I have found TouchDRO most enjoyable and useful since I installed it on my Bridgeport a couple of years ago.

Yuriy,
I probably should have tried reinstalling before asking for help. That fixed the issue. I completely uninstalled the previous app, so it looks like I have a recalibration in my future, but there are worse fates than that. I guess I don't know what you mean by ensuring I am connected to the internet. I thought I had to be to connect the google play store. Anyway, I want to thank you for your vigilant support. I have found TouchDRO most enjoyable and useful since I installed it on my Bridgeport a couple of years ago.
Sorry bout this.
Given that reinstalling the app fixed the crash, I'm 99% sure that it was a data migration problem.
You should not have to re-install the app after the upgrade, so this is my miss. I try to test the releases as thoroughly as I can, but upgrades are always tricky, since there are too many permutations that I would need to simulate.
It's possible that your database was in a "weird" state, and the upgrade failed because of this. Worst case, I am about to have a REALLY exciting weekend looking for an edge case bug :(
If Google sees it fit to capture the crash report, I will be able to figure out where to look for trouble at least :(

Thank you
Yuriy

Back