TouchDRO not connecting to Kindle fire.

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I have recently bought the Touch DRO for my Bridgeport Clone. I have zero trouble getting it to connect to my Samsung android tablet but cannot get it to connect to my Kindle fire tablet. I have downloaded the app for kindle but every time I try to connect it goes through the motions and then gives me an error of not connected and to check that i have the Scale reader powered up. I am using the same power sources that i use with the Android Galaxie 4 tablet. What am I doing wrong? I have tried to re-download the app but when I do it goes directly to the app i already have downloaded on my Fire tablet. Thanks in advance.

I was having trouble the other day so I unplugged the TouchDRO, let it rest a moment or six and then l plugged it in again. No issues since.

I've used a Fire tablet with no issues, so it's not something that's specifically a Fire issue. Are you trying to connect straight from the Android bluetooth menu? What happens when you try? Just it just fail to connect or give any errors?

Did you properly pair it. Maybe the controller is still paired with the samsung

I recently fired up my touchDRO system for the first time using my Kindle Fire. First thing I found out: You can't just fire up TDRO and have it connect. Swipe down and open the system menu (little gear icon). Go to Bluetooth devices. With the TDrO turned on look for the "+pair new device". The TDRO should appear in the menu when you do that. I put in 1234 for the code, IDK if thats standard or what.

From that menu it should pair and when you open the app it should now connect.

I had a couple times it has not reconnected. Some kind of glitch in the Kindle I assume because TRDO still appears active on my phone, but does Not appear on my Kindle. I have to go back to the system menu, " forget" TRDO, and then reconnect from scratch. Then it works fine.

I recently fired up my touchDRO system for the first time using my Kindle Fire. First thing I found out: You can't just fire up TDRO and have it connect. Swipe down and open the system menu (little gear icon). Go to Bluetooth devices. With the TDrO turned on look for the "+pair new device". The TDRO should appear in the menu when you do that. I put in 1234 for the code, IDK if thats standard or what.

From that menu it should pair and when you open the app it should now connect.

I had a couple times it has not reconnected. Some kind of glitch in the Kindle I assume because TRDO still appears active on my phone, but does Not appear on my Kindle. I have to go back to the system menu, " forget" TRDO, and then reconnect from scratch. Then it works fine.
I will try what you suggested. I think I have already done that but just to make sure I will try again. It's not like I can't use it I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet that works fine. If I don't get Kindle to work, then I will just live with it. Thanks for your response. There are many other things about Kindle that don't work so I would not buy another Kindle.

Did you properly pair it. Maybe the controller is still paired with the samsung
I've had my controller showing on 3 devices at once. I'm not sure there's any 2 way communication between them but just a display feature. Similar to how a radio is a one way communicator.

I've had my controller showing on 3 devices at once. I'm not sure there's any 2 way communication between them but just a display feature. Similar to how a radio is a one way communicator.

I tried to use mine this morning on my spare Kindle (we'll call it Old Kindle) which I'm going to semi-permanently mount to my mill. Long story very short I could not get it to connect no matter what I did. I thought there was a problem with the TouchDRO box. I went upstairs to get my New Kindle.....it had already paired to the TouchDRO from another room. As soon as I turned off bluetooth on New Kindle the Old Kindle paired with TouchDRO without drama. Maybe there is an issue with Kindle that it will not pair to a device that is already paired to something else?

OP may want to make sure his Kindle is the only device trying to pair with TouchDRO just as an experiment.

Typically Bluetooth devices headphones, speakers, TouchDRO) preferentially connect to the last host they were connected to if that host is available. When switching hosts (tablets) you should go into Bluetooth setup on the previous host and “forget” the device so it can’t automatically connect.

Back