Tree Felling

I was looking at these Meteor kits for a Stihl MS310 if the piston/cylinder is scored . Worth it ?
I really like my Meteor pistons , but I do think the Caber Italian made rings are worth getting as well. I don't have aftermarket jugs mine are still factory so I can't comment on the cylinders.

I really like my Meteor pistons , but I do think the Caber Italian made rings are worth getting as well. I don't have aftermarket jugs mine are still factory so I can't comment on the cylinders.
I'll look into all this when I pull it apart . Thanks ! :encourage:

LOL
Did you notice it hit so hard that a hubcap blew off, plus the truck rolled down the yard and rear-ended the car that was being used to tension the tree trunk.
If the tree trunk had crushed the cab, it would have been a trifecta of F***-up.
I’m thinking it either nocked it out of gear or broke the parking pawl.

There are a lot of videos circulating on FB & TT showing similar methods of tree felling using jacks, not all with the predicted results...
There is a proper method involving a bottle Jack.

I my property is wooded so I’ve read up a bit on proper techniques.

Just dropping them like this guy is my favorite technique.

I was looking at these Meteor kits for a Stihl MS310 if the piston/cylinder is scored . Worth it ?
I have put a Meteor kit on a Husky 272 and it was pretty easy. I think the MS310 is a clamshell style saw, Not the professional type that have the cylinder bolted on top of the cases. I don't know that I would do it, The clamshell saws are not that easy to do.

The pro saws are much easier to work on in that regard.

I love how this guy clicks his heels together like a Leprechaun! While Dracula holds the saw!

Someone please embed this video into the thread, I don't know how, It's hilarious!

Attachments

• Guy bouncing in air from falling a tree.mov
    3 MB
Last edited:
Back