Tree milling machines

Dustin beyer

Registered
Registered
So yes the biggest weak link in the otherwise great quality tree machines is the eccentric pins and zps capitalism on that has gone up like every thing else in life but 750$ for 2 little pins and 4 square roller pads is insane! Did any other manufacturers use a similar design and have any of you found a remedy/solution to them?! I know it’s usually the same story of people discovering their pins are in multiple pieces yet still held together and working but just seems like it was a bad design considering the entire grunt of the machine is put onto those tiny little pins and rollers. Anyway maybe some of you could help I’d greatly appreciate it

So yes the biggest weak link in the otherwise great quality tree machines is the eccentric pins and zps capitalism on that has gone up like every thing else in life but 750$ for 2 little pins and 4 square roller pads is insane! Did any other manufacturers use a similar design and have any of you found a remedy/solution to them?! I know it’s usually the same story of people discovering their pins are in multiple pieces yet still held together and working but just seems like it was a bad design considering the entire grunt of the machine is put onto those tiny little pins and rollers. Anyway maybe some of you could help I’d greatly appreciate it
Detailed pictures would likely get you many more responses.

As written you're limited to Tree owners who have also had this same concern.

Might also do a search in the Tree sub-forum. If nothing else, you'll flush out the other Tree huggers.

I'm thinking, "what kind of machine mills a tree?" - and why would anyone want to?

I'm thinking, "what kind of machine mills a tree?" - and why would anyone want to?
Prior to retiring I intend to buy an EZ Boardwalk Model 40 because despite all my other bad habits I would enjoy milling trees in the spring and fall for quality hardwood to support my wife's and mine woodworking hobby. I love doing things with my hands, wood working, metal working, restoring and hot roding old cars, etc... it keeps me out of the bars, I gotta do something, everyone else is fingering their phones and that just doesn't seem healthy nor appealing....

Back