Trim Mist Synthetic Misting Fluid for Fogbuster?

A

Alan H.

Forum Guest
Register Today
Looking at this misting fluid for use in a Fogbuster on a mill.

Are there any folks here who have used it and can give some feedback?

Trim Mist

1517715210349.png

EDIT: changed the post title to include Fogbuster

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Trim MicroSol 585XT for flood coolant in the lathe and surface grinder. I like it.
I don't use a mist just air through a mister.

I use Trim SC520 as a flood coolant additive on all 4 of my mills. I like it. I hate mist and the amount of junk it puts in the air. Running 3 machines at once with flood puts more moisture in the air than I like.

I use Trim SC520 as a flood coolant additive on all 4 of my mills. I like it. I hate mist and the amount of junk it puts in the air. Running 3 machines at once with flood puts more moisture in the air than I like.
What brand of mister do you have experience with? In my limited experience with it, the Fogbuster doesn't produce that problem. That why I and others I know have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried a couple. Figured if I ever needed to run mist again I'd build a pressurized system and say good-bye to venturri syphon spray systems. I'm not even going to try again though. Like I said. 3 FLOOD systems running at the same time puts to much moisture in the air for my taste. Flood also does a better job of blasting chips out of the cuts. Cabinet and flood is the way to go for me.

P.S. I know a few guys who claim the Fog Buster requires some modification to reduce mist as well. If I have to pay that much and modify it too... There is a spray mist (micro droplet) system that seems to work better than the Fog Buster, but I don't recall the name. Its a pressurized coolant tank system. Would probably also work with a pump.

Regardless SC520 is awesome on aluminum(5-6%) and hard steel (8%).

Back to the coolant for misting, some data on the Trim Mist -

From the safety data sheet it's mix of TEA and MEA. MEA is a known corrosion inhibitor.

1517852463839.png

From their product data sheet:

1517854232080.png

Attachments

• Trim Mist data sheet.pdf
    184.2 KB · Views: 0
Back