Two restorations I just finished up.

Sandia

Active User
Registered
Just finished a couple of machines, the band saw purchased on Craigs list and the drill press on a school auction. New bearings, belts some rattle can paint and good to go. Have about $800 in both machines including parts and VFD for saw. Well, maybe a little more, the saw tipped over when we were setting it in place and crushed the first VFD

048.JPG049.JPG050.JPG054.JPG051.JPG

048.JPG 049.JPG 050.JPG 051.JPG 053.JPG 054.JPG

Very nice looking machines !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice looking. What vfd are you using on the saw?

I used a Teco brand VFD. Easy to program even for someone not familiar with them. RayC who posts on here a lot helped me with the first one I bought for my Harig surface grinder.

I used a Teco brand VFD. Easy to program even for someone not familiar with them. RayC who posts on here a lot helped me with the first one I bought for my Harig surface grinder.

I have a Teco on my drill press and they are a nice unit. Enjoy your new equipment.

A couple of quality machines.

:greenwithenvy:

Very nice work. It happens I am restoring the same 1950's Delta bandsaw,except it is the wood model. My favorite saw. We had one for many years at work. I could resaw 12" thick Cuban mahogany with it very accurately.

If you can find one,make sure ALL the parts are there,as Delta charges a fortune for what they call their "Historic parts",even if they are pot metal. They wanted $400.00 for JUST the folded sheet metal rip fence,WITHOUT any of the numerous smaller parts that are attached to it. And,they were out of those fences anyway! I found a used one cheap somewhere. I just wanted everything original.

Back