Ultrasonic cleaners ?

I miss being able to throw my parts into ours at work so looking for a smallish one for use at home . I see Vevors , HFs and others for decent prices . Anyone have pros or cons on these brands ? Will be used on carbs and other small tractor parts .

Bottom line is ultrasonic power in watts. Most ultrasonic cleaners will take the ultrasonic power + heating power and call it "cleaning power" to deliberately try to mislead you.

Stay away from HF. I have 3 ultrasonic cleaners, a blind cleaner, an industrial cleaner (220v separate power supply) that I keep in the shop and a Vevor counter top cleaner I keep in the bathroom. I am impressed with the Vevor cleaner. The specs say that it has more ultrasonic power than most of the Chinese units. It doesn't hold a candle to the industrial ultrasonic cleaner but it does do a good job in a relatively decent amount of time.

PICT8082.JPG

I keep distilled water, isopropyl alcohol and a drop of dawn in the Vevor that I keep in the bathroom. This does a great job with eyeglasses (don't submerge eye glasses in hot water for more than 30 second because it will soften the coatings) and cpap supplies.

In the shop Tap water and Dawn does a great job. If I have a really tough job I use tap water, Dawn and TSP.

For fuel injectors I put fuel injector cleaner in a plastic bag with the fuel injectors and put the bag in water of the industrial cleaner. To really clean fuel injectors well it is best to pulse the injectors with 12v while they are in the ultrasonic cleaner which means a fuel injector connector and a pair of wires coming out of the plastic bag to a battery or 12v supply.

Last edited:
Back