Used Grizzly G8689 Mini Milling Machine

nessimibrahim

Registered
Registered
What should a used Grizzly G8689 Mini Milling Machine that is perfect working condition cost? I ask because i have come across one and the guy wants $375 including a 10 pcs end mill set. Is that a decent price or abit high?

With retail at $635, it seems like a good deal to me if that's the model you want.

-WRM

I actually have a Pm-25mv ordered and waiting on that just figured if it was a deal that i shouldn't pass up why not get it ya know. which is why i asked about the price. Also i thought might come in handy when working on very small projects and such.

Also i thought might come in handy when working on very small projects and such.
Just a note: I have used full sized bridge ports to work on metal pieces the size of your little finger (and smaller). I don't think the large mill made it any harder to work on then working with a small mill (actually, based upon the much higher rigidity and power, it was probably much easier).

Moral of the story: small piece + large mill >> small piece + small mill (any day of the week).

Now lathes are a different story... once you get above a certain size...

Having two milling machines does present certain advantages. Being able to take the workpiece off one to do a second op, like drilling, without disturbing the setup of the original mill can be very nice. The downside of the mini mill is that it doesn't make a great drill press based upon the limited head room (chuck + drill + vise + work piece = negative number).

Still, $375 is a good price.

I have this machine. For $375, you are getting a good deal. There are advantages to the smaller machine too. For one, you can move it around easily by yourself. The machine is still large enough to put a rotary table on the X-Y and an ER40 on the Z and still have room to machine a part.DSC_8172.JPG DSC_8172.JPG DSC_8172.JPG

What should a used Grizzly G8689 Mini Milling Machine that is perfect working condition cost? I ask because i have come across one and the guy wants $375 including a 10 pcs end mill set. Is that a decent price or abit high?

I had that mill.sold it for$200.00 because it did not work.I included a clamping set with the mill.Good price for a used mill that is working.My machine had control problems,motor was fine. Since I needed a much larger mill I sold the G8689 and got a larger mill.

I paid more for mine. I believe that is a good price if it is in good condition. I did get an ER40 set with mine though. It's still working fine. Consider getting a larger one since we tend to outgrow everything. The larger Grizzly mills use R8 instead of morse #3 taper is worth consideration.

Hi,I've got a G8689 and paid around 650.00 new and 80.00 for shipping so I would say 375.00 aint bad if everything is in good order but it seams to me that I'm always fix or replacing something and adjusting but it still is a good little mill but I can see a bigger one in the future.For 375.00 you can't go wrong .

Back