Used machinery

Martin W

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member

This is pretty much how I equipped my shop, with Kijiji deals such as this. Anybody in Belle River near Windsor. This is a deal for you!
looks like a decent machine, maybe not hobbiest garage material, but if you have space and a little bit of elbow grease to get it home.
Martin

Looks like it was pretty well cared for, and doesn't even need paint. On the basis of my own large mill I'm guessing 10-15hp main motor, and 2-3hp for the power feeds. I'm sure someone will grab it. Good of you to post it. Mike

Wow. this is a beast! At the right price! It has to weigh 12,000 lbs or so. Fireball tool bought one slightly bigger than this one and shipped it all the way from Richmond, BC to Seattle, which must have cost a bundle. AND he paid quite a bit for it.

I live too far away, and have no room in my shop, or I'd have already picked it up - I do all of my own rigging, so ti would be a little cheaper for me if I were local.

These big machines are often available for really good prices, but require the ability to move equipment yourself or make suitable arrangements. Basically the effort in moving them is significant and outweighs the sales cost as in this case. I've made a few of those type acquisitions, and encourage anyone else who does so to share their details of how they handled the loading/rigging/moving/unloading. I think those issues are a big challenge for those who haven't been down that road, so those stories can be helpful here to the hobbyist community.

In all three of the four cases where I bought 7,000 lb+ equipment, I had a trailer able to haul it significant distances, and the seller had a forklift capable of lifting/loading it. The fourth case was local and the seller moved it for $100, with my help in loading/unloading.

I have one available here, same conditions, no room or real need for a dedicated horizontal machine.

Back