Victoria

Victoria was a brand of B Elliott machine tools, used for their milling machines alongside Alba shapers and Cardiff lathes.

My Junior Omnimill carries both the Victoria and Elliott names in different parts of the castings.

They are usually fairly robust machines.

Nice info, thank you.
Would you please post a couple of pics of the omnimil?

That's a U1. One size smaller than my U2. Made on Victoria Street in London, probably in the mid-60s. Looks to be in good shape. Do you have the vertical head for it?

I have a head, I believe from a U0 - the machine ended up being scraped - I saved the head, figuring it may be handy some day?

That's a U1. One size smaller than my U2. Made on Victoria Street in London, probably in the mid-60s. Looks to be in good shape. Do you have the vertical head for it?
I saw this at a customer's facility, I don't know about it. I did see a boring bar outrigger

IMG_0234.jpegIMG_0235.jpegIMG_0236.jpegIMG_0237.jpegNice info, thank you.
Would you please post a couple of pics of the omnimil?
Sorry the photos are not great, trying to get the angles in a tight space!

Dad bought this a few years back, but for various reasons it was barely touched for a long time, sat on a trolley after being moved in but too high and unstable to use. After Dad passed 4 years back I had to completely rearrange the workshop so finally got this on the floor only to find the motor for the omnimill head was defective so that had to be fixed, the vertical head gets more use from me than the horizontal but having both options definitely is useful.

I believe this mill is quite early due to the controls all on the left side, I fitted a new starter on the front to avoid needing to use the side mounted controls with power on, the power table feed is belt driven from the horizontal belt drive to the gearbox so it is only available when horizontal milling not using the vertical head.

That is to cool. I like the horizontal and vertical spindle idea. I know of a couple that I have always eyeballed.
My Eyes are Bigger than My Stomach!

Back