Vintage End Mill Brands?

When you are looking at auctions, especially industrial auctions, you need to be careful what you bid on/buy. Most items are moved via forklift. Recently there was a steady rest that went for 20-something dollars. It was on a pallet. 4'x4' at least. Oil country lathe.
And yes, you need to look carefully at the pics to get a size perspective.

Absolutely. I've bought a lot of stuff from industrial auctions and have seen the same thing before, but usually there's a clue to scale/size. This one was just odd in that there really wasn't any way to tell size. This particular auction pulls stuff from the industrial locations, brings it to their location and sets most things out on tables, shelves, etc so not too many pallets.

Personally, I would keep my end Mills in the 1/2" range and under unless there is a special need.

Personally, I would keep my end Mills in the 1/2" range and under unless there is a special need.

I'm not planning on buying many in large sizes, but right now I mostly have smaller end mills that I was using on my bench top mill. I already have a project planned where I'll need 5/8" so I found a couple NOS on eBay and have those on the way...one Niagara, one Brubaker.

So, this is not what you meant?
IMG_0052.jpg
I scored these + some other stuff from my used tool guy a couple of weeks ago. The big one is 1" x 8" with a 1" shank it was $6, and the small one, ha ha, small, was $3. I grabbed them because my son was looking for a long end mill to hog out the exhaust chest of a Mercury 280. He ended up finding something that was just long enough to do the job.
And that D- handle Milwaukee drill on the floor was $10. When I got it, it was covered in plaster and needed a trigger. Those things are expensive!

Find your closest used tool dealer and stop in at least once per week if you can. He will get to know you a little, which doesn't hurt at all. Unless you are AVE.
Just kidding!

Back