Vise stop (diy)

Another great project Celso!
:clapping:

A vise stop like this has been on my "to do" list for a long time.
I have made some sketches, but that's as far as I've got.
I will definitely refer back to this when I eventually make mine.

Thanks!
-brino

I have a mill vice stop that I purchased many years ago from ENCO (remember them?). The elevation and block rotation are locked by hex socked cap screws. The both are the same size. So, I have to have two Allens when simultaneously adjusting the stop. Not a huge problem, just a little inconvenient. It hit me when I was ordering some Adjustable-Position Handle screws from McMaster-Carr that they would do exactly what I needed for the stop.

Mill vice stop mod.JPG

Another great project Celso!
:clapping:

A vise stop like this has been on my "to do" list for a long time.
I have made some sketches, but that's as far as I've got.
I will definitely refer back to this when I eventually make mine.

Thanks!
-brino

Thanks my canadian friend Brino.
regards
Celso Ari

I have a mill vice stop that I purchased many years ago from ENCO (remember them?). The elevation and block rotation are locked by hex socked cap screws. The both are the same size. So, I have to have two Allens when simultaneously adjusting the stop. Not a huge problem, just a little inconvenient. It hit me when I was ordering some Adjustable-Position Handle screws from McMaster-Carr that they would do exactly what I needed for the stop.

View attachment 325116

this type of milling vice stop that you are showing, will be a project for the future. Mine will be very similar to yours but with some modifications. When I build it I make a video and post it here
Hugs from Brazil

Celso Ari

Back