Water Valve Cover

Old Iron

Active User
Registered
When I built the wife's shop she wanted a sink and water. I ran the line and put a shut off valve in it and some 4" PVC pipe around it.

Its been about a year and I needed to put a cover on the pipe to keep out dirt and Spiders I hate Spiders after one bit me on my back. We have Black Widows and The Brown Recluse here and you don't want to get bit by one of those.

I had some 5" round black delrin so I made it out of that. I turned it down to 4 1/4" then a 4' step to fit in the pipe. Still need to face it but its doing its job.

Paul

Valve.JPG 5 inch.JPG Step Down To 4.JPG Facing.JPG Cutting Off 1.JPG Cutting Off 2.JPG In Place.JPG

Good idea old iron, nice job, covers have a bad habit of getting lost or otherwise removed, Thus allowing natures nasties to get back down, Another idea, might be to manufacture a valve key Pice of flat bar with two holes into which two little pins could be welded with a pitch to allow them to go between the ribs on the valve wheel, on the top side of the flat plate weld in the centre a long bar, giving waist height, aAt the top of this a little hand cross bar welded on
Keep you away from the creepy crawlies, safer I do not like them either & over here they are non toxic, but i still don't trust them

Good idea old iron, nice job, covers have a bad habit of getting lost or otherwise removed, Thus allowing natures nasties to get back down, Another idea, might be to manufacture a valve key Pice of flat bar with two holes into which two little pins could be welded with a pitch to allow them to go between the ribs on the valve wheel, on the top side of the flat plate weld in the centre a long bar, giving waist height, aAt the top of this a little hand cross bar welded on
Keep you away from the creepy crawlies, safer I do not like them either & over here they are non toxic, but i still don't trust them

Good idea I'll do that.

Thanks
Paul

Back