Way out thought

GK1918

Active User
Registered
I am on the hunt for a shaper. Of all my searching efforts I find dinosaw bones easier. My
1917 very heavy built hack saw, I watch it work, and looks like, with a little tweek, I will make
a clapper, make a feed screw, add x y table, I have, disable the hydralic return system, and
make this as an attachment. This has a very rugged table and gibs its weight is about 500#.
The stroke is about 7" which is good. Things considered, are to, return it to a hack saw, do
not alter the machine. Again this is an attachment. Mount a lantern tool post adaptor to the
arm without drilling any holes, thats the tough part. The angle of attack will be dependent on
my cross slide running paralle with the cutting tool or is this just an old mans pipe dream.
please dont throw me out its just raining again. sam

Sam sounds like it mite work, It would be a interesting project to see. So if you do it be sure and post pictures.

I have a Hendey 12" Tool Room Shaper I got for 400.00.

Paul

Your right Dave, Ill just keep looking, hoping for something close by. Although my saw idea
in my case has some of the main ingredences , heavy, ridged, power, has gibs, oh well. sam

Back