Wet/dry Vac Recommendations

rrjohnso2000

Registered
Registered
I need recommendations on wet/dry vacuums. I'm considering the Vacmaster VBV1210, 12Gal with detachable blower.

It seems that it is a quieter one, has enough suction to get the job done, and the detachable blower. I like the idea of blowing out the breezeway.

General all around shop/basement use, $100-200. I'm willing to be persuaded to pay for quite and quality. Please talk me into something better or share experiences, and I am not in an area with cheep ones on Craigslist/garage sales. Thanks, ralph

Update

Bought the vacmaster and have used it for a few weeks. I would recommend to anyone, it is relatively quiet for a shop vac.

I have the 12 gallon version of that Rigid from Home Depot. It has a detachable blower also. This thing will suck the chrome off a wrench! Very powerful and relatively quiet. I paid $50.00 on sale. The blower is handy as can be for blowing swarf and sawdust out of the garage.

Also ridged and craftsman are both good choices. They are made by Emerson. I have an old craftsman 16 gal. That has worked great and it is atleast 20 years old.

went and bought a home depot 16 gallon vac,one day i was working on my 1927 moon roadster,i scraped the carbon off the top of the pistons on the engine, i took the vac to clean it up and in about 6 seconds i froze the vac solid,home depot warrantied it but ive never used it to clean carbon again, dave

I can't advise on a good one but I will say that I won't spend another penny on Shop-vac. Dad has a Craftsman that is better then 20 years old but I don't know if they still last like that. It was the first one of seen with a pump. The pump didn't work right out of the box but the vacuum is still going strong.

Back