What did these come off of, and does anyone want one?

Barncat

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
These came in an auction lot of a bunch of odds and ends, and were described as machine spindles. Anybody have any guess on the machine they may have come from? They spin very smoothly by hand, and appear to be oil filled. I plan on keeping one for who knows what kind of future project. Anybody local (Grand rapids, mi) want the other. Very heavy, too heavy for me to bother with shipping. If not, I may take apart and see what kind of bearings are in there and keep the parts and scrap part out. I am tired of tripping over them on the floor of the garage.IMG_20200106_061256967.jpgIMG_20200106_061307915.jpg

They look like wood shaper spindles. Are probably quite precision and designed for high speed.

(4) Groove pulley, & ~20" between bearings?! That's some monstrous power transmission driving that spindle.
It will be interesting if/when someone identifies them.

My guess would be a saw arbor with that 4 groove v belt drive. What’s the shaft size 3/4-1”??

(4) Groove pulley, & ~20" between bearings?! That's some monstrous power transmission driving that spindle.

Yeah, that was some serious power there. I thought like Jim maybe a shaper spindle, but the washers seem to big for that. Then I thought sawmill size circular saw, but the unthreaded portion is too long for that. Maybe a spacer missing?

Obviously part of a transmission to supply inverse reactive current in unilateral phase detractors. The bodies appear to be made of prefamulated Amulite. I do believe you've got yourself a couple rare surviving turbo encabulators.

Obviously part of a transmission to supply inverse reactive current in unilateral phase detractors. The bodies appear to be made of prefamulated Amulite. I do believe you've got yourself a couple rare surviving turbo encabulators.
Excellent news, my space conveyance was missing one.

They're actually the power spindles for cumberbuzzles.

Given a 1 1/4'' shaft, then I think those are off of a molder.

Back