2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
My latest buy...

View attachment 256398

I didn't get a screaming deal on it, but I've been looking for a good saw for a year now and finally decided I was going to have to increase my spending limit for one.

I was finding project saws in my original price range, but really wanted a 'plug and play'...

I think this is going to be a good fit in my shop.

-Bear
I paid $600 for this but I think it l will have to buy/ make some parts for it. Does yours have the blade welder?

IMG_20180219_180004506.jpg

IMG_20180219_180014792_HDR.jpg

I was doing some weapons related horse trading with an older gentleman. Before we parted ways he handed this 3 inch vise as a bonus. Made in Japan, who knows how old this little guy is. It is well made and still tight. I will graft some hard rubber to the jaws and use it to hold small items on the bench as I work on them.

20180206_192712.jpg

20180206_192654.jpg

Got one of these for $95 today....I also got word that my lathe was shipped from Precision Matthews today, with an estimated 3 day delivery time.

Youpee! Now I'll be able to move it.

(Regular price for these goes around $360-400 Canuck Bucks up here.)
41u7Y06jhnL._SX355_.jpg
41u7Y06jhnL._SX355_.jpg

I bought a bag of hammers... :)

Bag of hammers.jpg

I got a Home Depot gift certificate from work, and since I don't have a lot of metal working tools I bought the 3 Estwing hammers, and the tool bag. I got the two on the right from Harbor Freight. This gives me an 8oz and 12 oz ball peen, a soft faced hammer, 2 and 3 pound hammers which should take care of my immediate metal banging needs.

I had some money left on the gift card so I also picked up a 12 piece punch and chisel set.

punch set.jpg

I paid $600 for this but I think it l will have to buy/ make some parts for it. Does yours have the blade welder?

No, mine never had a welder on it... I'm gonna build a jig and attempt to tig weld blades... wish me luck... lol

The only source for parts that I have found is a company in Great Britain... and I haven't been able to get in touch with them. If you find another source, please let me know.

-Bear

No, mine never had a welder on it... I'm gonna build a jig and attempt to tig weld blades... wish me luck... lol

The only source for parts that I have found is a company in Great Britain... and I haven't been able to get in touch with them. If you find another source, please let me know.

-Bear
Yeah I found out that Startrite is a British company. I emailed clausing/Kalamazoo and they promptly sent me all the literature they had on it. I mainly wanted the manual but they said they can get parts. Heard they are horribly expensive so I'm making what I need for mine.
Just heat the blades after welding and grinding to anneal and you will be fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back