[Newbie] What Exactly Is Part 0,0,0 - All My Y Cuts Are Shifted In +y

Thanks backgear & everyone. Just another of my learning curves and silly mistake in the myriad of DXF's to CAD to CAM drawings I had all together in a folder - - I found my issue. Wrong DXF part width from an older piece of stock that I replaced w/ newer stuff that looked sooooo close from the scraps bin at ALRO. They are about .2 wider than my other stuff was. Jeez how did I miss that.

I can see why version control, stock checks, and drawing lock down would be so important in this field. THANKS EVERYONE for helping me to look at it. Man- that one just hurt me sense of progress the last few months. :black eye:

Last edited:
One thing when I'm making parts is the stock wizard in bobcad allows me to pick my stock size, but it had better be that size when you find zero. So I usually square up stock and cut it exact size, unless I'm profiling and gonna flip the part and cut the back off then it's not so important, but still should be close. So far I've had really good luck with the machine cutting out what's in the picture, on size

I'm still really mad at myself for being so "Duhhh!!!" Things are crazy at work. The farm, deer hunting, my own repairs, house, kids, To get some shop time for 1 new project should be rewarding. Luckily I've seen the error of my ways and am now going much much s......l (yawn) o wer! (slower) . was rushing thru a lot of this and it's not nearly as forgiving as the 2.5d plasma stuff!

Getting there. I hope to finish part 2 of 3 this week and then final part next week or week after. Thakns for everyone help!

Back