What filter does my Bijur oiler need?

strantor

Active User
Registered
This thread is not directly related to my other active Bijur oiler thread.
The other thread is about a TM-5 way oiler. This one is about a L2P spindle oiler.
The L2P oiler I have is probably from the early '80s. At some point (relatively recently) since then, they have changed the style of the pump filter.

In this datasheet from 2016, you can see the new style (looks like the same filter as a TM-1)
1581627194519.png

In this datasheet from 2009 you can see the old style filter like I have.
1581627272924.png
Unfortunately that datasheet does not specify which filter is used. AND, if you scroll down to the down to the drawing, you'll see that it's actually using a new-style filter, so the pic at the top of the datasheet must be an old stock photo.

I cannot find any datasheet older than 2009. I cannot find anywhere on the internet suggesting what filter goes on it, or giving dimensions of filters from which I might deduce the correct kit. I've uploaded many dimensions of my filter here (along with dimensions of the S178 filter kit that I mistakenly ordered, which is for the new style).

If anyone miraculously just knows what filter kit goes in the old L2P, please, divulge. I'll love you for it.

Alternatively, if you have a different model oiler whose dimensions match the ones in the linked folder above, please tell me the model of your oiler so that I might look up what filter kit could work. I'm sure they use the same filter kits across many products as convenient. The filter for my L2P has got to be the same filter for someone else's [insert_other_model_here], and with any luck, the filter kit p/n for that unit would be readily available.

Thanks in advance!

Never mind. Just heard back from Bijur tech support. For anyone else that might come around looking for this info, it's a S175 kit for the old L2P.

Wait a minute - there's a filter down in there? :grin:

This thread is not directly related to my other active Bijur oiler thread.
The other thread is about a TM-5 way oiler. This one is about a L2P spindle oiler.
The L2P oiler I have is probably from the early '80s. At some point (relatively recently) since then, they have changed the style of the pump filter.

In this datasheet from 2016, you can see the new style (looks like the same filter as a TM-1)
View attachment 313530

In this datasheet from 2009 you can see the old style filter like I have.
View attachment 313531
Unfortunately that datasheet does not specify which filter is used. AND, if you scroll down to the down to the drawing, you'll see that it's actually using a new-style filter, so the pic at the top of the datasheet must be an old stock photo.

I cannot find any datasheet older than 2009. I cannot find anywhere on the internet suggesting what filter goes on it, or giving dimensions of filters from which I might deduce the correct kit. I've uploaded many dimensions of my filter here (along with dimensions of the S178 filter kit that I mistakenly ordered, which is for the new style).

If anyone miraculously just knows what filter kit goes in the old L2P, please, divulge. I'll love you for it.

Alternatively, if you have a different model oiler whose dimensions match the ones in the linked folder above, please tell me the model of your oiler so that I might look up what filter kit could work. I'm sure they use the same filter kits across many products as convenient. The filter for my L2P has got to be the same filter for someone else's [insert_other_model_here], and with any luck, the filter kit p/n for that unit would be readily available.

Thanks in advance!

Filter? You don't need no stinking filter! That's what the orifices are for! :grin:

Back