What happened to.....

bptactical

Active User
Registered
The thread on the Taurus 1911's?
Although I am not a fan of them in the least, I tossed some good info out there for member "Bigfoot" and his new pistola.

The Original poster is no longer with us, so when his user name is removed so are his posts. It is sort of confusing especially if you jump in kind of late on a thread and all of the sudden posts are missing. It is kind of hard to keep up with. I'll ask Nelson or Tony if there is a way to remove a user name and still preserve their posts.

Bob

There is not, Bob. And if the first post is deleted, the entire thread goes. I'm afraid that may have happened when I tried to fix Chris' wedding announcement. Somehow my post responding to his announcement got first billing as OP, by the clock timing. I believe when he fixed the rotated photo, the edit time shifted the posts out of sequence. That should not happen and is likely a bug in the software. I could be wrong, but the thread was MIA last I looked, and I apologize to Chris. I wish he would repost his announcement and picture.

Perhaps we could simply change the user name on a person who is not here any more, and thus leave the information intact. Or at least the responses to an OP if they leave. And we can edit any post that should be, without deleting it.

If you delete a user, but not their posts, they become Guests and you then cannot delete them.
I think if you delete the first post, the thread goes, but I am not sure.

Back