What is this?

EricMenantico

Registered
Registered
I bought this from a company that bought out a machine shop, but I cant seem to figure out what it is. In case you guys are wondering why I bought it not knowing what it is.....I got it for 3 dollars, and it looked expensive, lol. Can anybody give me a hand and see if they can identify it?

1009111857.jpg

1009111859.jpg

1009111857.jpg

1009111859.jpg

1009111857.jpg

1009111859.jpg

It almost looks as if it would mount to a machine...a lathe....and you would mount a tap in it. Just my guess!

It almost looks as if it would mount to a machine...a lathe....and you would mount a tap in it. Just my guess!

hmmm..thats better than my guess. Well, anything's better than my guess (didnt have one, and completely clueless), lol. I bought it really thinking I would be able to just google it. Everytime I look at it I just go walled eyed; google just couldn't save me this time.

It looks like it mounts to a machine, no through holes for mounting though. Four tension springs also?

It looks like it mounts to a machine, no through holes for mounting though. Four tension springs also?

It even is painted ol school machine grayish blue, so im thinking the same. I cant even think of a good description of it to run a search for it. There isnt any springs on it, my fault I take terrible pics. Sorry about that.

It is a little jig for accurately cross drilling small round bar stock. I have a complete Swiss made set(not that model) which is pretty elaborate,with lots of hardened bushings for different size drills. It was even put up in a wooden box. A pretty old unit,from the looks of it.

It is a little jig for accurately cross drilling small round bar stock. I have a complete Swiss made set(not that model) which is pretty elaborate,with lots of hardened bushings for different size drills. It was even put up in a wooden box. A pretty old unit,from the looks of it.

Sweet! Do you know what they are called?

Could it be some sort of angle dressing jig for a surface grinder?......possibly missing the base?

Back