What Is This?

MLDJR

Registered
Registered
I purchase a large lot of tooling. In it I found a few things I might need identified. For now this is one I can not figure out.

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

The 2 items on the left with the T bolts and nuts are Table Stops. These are usually on the front of a Bridgeport style machine. The item to the right of it looks like some kind of adjustable part stop, but not sure. Have no idea about the rest. Probably just parts made for something or scrap parts that someone hid from the boss.

Bill is right, they are stops for repetitive set ups. The one on the right uses the bar with the detents to adjust for height. It bolts to the table and is a stop for parts in a vise. The smaller ones bolt directly to the table. The other plates probably don't have any connection to the rest, they were probably for a specific set up, but they might come in handy down the road for some oddball job.

Same "stop" concept applies to lathes.

Daryl
MN

Sorry guys, I got busy yesterday and couldn't check the post.
Thanks for the info. The more I read your posts and the more I look at the stuff I think you are correct. This came in a tool lot I purchase and I just wanted to make sure this stuff wasn't for some specific machine or task that I was unaware of. The 3 plates are different thicknesses so I am thinking the specific job theory is correct. And they appear to have been made by the owner since the finish is different. Thank you Gents!

Back