What is TouchDRO?

Geswearf

Registered
Registered
Is TouchDRO simply a brand or a description?

Are older digital read out screens with nothing more than reset, in/mm, and the position numbers differentiated from more recent touch screens with options such as bolt circles, radial positioning, and virtually CAD programs by a name or description? At first I thought TouchDRO was the descriptor for the latter, but I'm leaning more toward it being only Yuriy's brand.

Aside from Yuriy's website, and Blondi Hack's video are there any other videos or step by step installation instructions for a touch screen DRO? (I don't usually do a whole lot of surfing on youtube...only go to specific videos.)

Are older digital read out screens with nothing more than reset, in/mm, and the position numbers differentiated from more recent touch screens with options such as bolt circles, radial positioning, and virtually CAD programs by a name or description? At first I thought TouchDRO was the descriptor for the latter, but I'm leaning more toward it being only Yuriy's brand.

Aside from Yuriy's website, and Blondi Hack's video are there any other videos or step by step installation instructions for a touch screen DRO? (I don't usually do a whole lot of surfing on youtube...only go to specific videos.)
Installing a TouchDRO adapter - the device that inputs signals from the hardware DRO scales/readers and outputs Bluetooth to a device running the TouchDRO app - is pretty simple. Installing the scales/readers can be a challenge.

It's an adapter (hardware) that translates the signals that come from commercially available scales into a bluetooth signal, along with a app (software) which can be installed on any number of common touchscreen tablets. This makes for a cheap, upgradable dro that has powerful computing power and features and isn't tied down by cable management (the cables from the scales only go to the adapter which can be mounted anywhere that's convenient). TouchDRO is a brand, and their adapter and app work together.

HI,
TouchDRO(tm) is a specific DRO system, not a generic descriptor for a DRO with a touchscreen. The home page here: https://www.touchdro.com has a very concise summary of what it is and does. TouchDRO itself is an Android app. To talk to the scales it needs an "adapter box", AKA TouchDRO Scale Adapter. You can buy one from me (currently ranging from $100-$160; in a couple of weeks, will have different models ranging from $140-$300) or build one of the DIY designs (some covered on touchdro.com, but there are a few floating around that others designed).

There are some videos here: https://www.youtube.com/@TouchDRO (more coming as I find time to make them). There are some videos sprinkled across youtube. Mark Presling (https://www.youtube.com/@Preso58) has some videos over the years that cover his setup, and Sheldon (BarZ) has a pretty detailed video:

Hope this helps
Yuriy

Back